Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Today was horrible....

In dance class, my teacher started teaching us our recital dance. She was seeing who could do the straddle splits, do a jazz square, things like that. Oh, and we also had to do spin leaps (which is doing a grand jete, except you have to spin around every time you land then jump out again).

I had lots of fun, I mean, if you were doing something you love to do, then how can you not have fun? But the thing is, I was nervous that I would do something wrong, and I wasn't trying my very best. 

So, at the end of class, Ms. Medina, my teacher, told us all that she was auditioning us. Not for anything special, it's just to see who will be dancing in front of the stage for the recital and who will just be posing in the background. She said only three of us passed.

I was definitely not one of the three.

But Ms. Medina said that she would give us one more shot, next week. So, for the whole of this week, I'll be dancing and memorizing everything I can.

But I'm angry at myself, for not trying my best. Like when Ms. Medina asked us who could do the straddle splits, I could've said that I almost could do it, and I would be able to do it by next week. But I didn't step up. I hanged back. But from now on, I will do my best, all the time.


Wish me luck! :)

~Emily Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment