Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Some things aren't as they seem....

....some things are weird. They just go crazy. And, for some reason, we feel the need to blabber on about our lives. That's what I'm doing now, so go if you don't want to listen.

So many people in real life, and NaNo, too, come up to me, thinking that I'm smart, I'm cute, I look tired, I'm popular, I'm tall, I'm cheeful, I sing good, I like dancing......etc. But, it's so weird, because not many know that they're talking to a ten year old.

Really, no kidding, I'm just ten. If you saw me post on other forums, and you see how mature I am, it seems impossible. Well, to be honest, things don't always look as they seem. Even in real life, people mistook me for being twelve, thirteen, even fourteen sometimes!

I feel as if my childhood as been thrown away. I felt like this ever since I was six. I feel too mature. I feel too grown up. Especially with my mom going to Cuba, and everyone is saying that I'm going to be "the woman of the house". They say that I am smart, and will find a way to get through this mess.

Do they forget that they're talking to a ten year old? That they would never say that to any other average girl? Is it because of my height? Is it because of the bags around my eyes that give the impression, no, that shows that I am truly tired? Is it because I never betray any emotion that flies around wildly in my head? Is it because...

Is it because I am truly mature, and popular?

It's weird. For all of my life, I had hid in a corner, afraid to go out, afraid to look out. I dreamed in
that little corner, dreamed of possiblities, truth, and life. But, in the November of 2012, I took one step out of that corner. I was ready to show the world that I mattered. That I wasn't just another brick in the wall. Day by day, my family, my church, my friends, my neighbors, they all noticed the difference. How I laughed easily, that deep look in my eyes, I seemed....alert.

I don't feel that way, anymore. With less than a week with my mom leaving, and knowing that 2013 will be the start of a change in my life, my dreams, I want to go back to that corner. I want to hide. But I can't go back, that would be useless. Anyways, it's impossible. To go back. To. Sit. And. Wait. My. Life. Out.

I know what I want to do now. I want to be that girl, that woman, that girls look up to as a role model. People could search my name, and a biography of myself would be the first answer. I don't want to leave the world, not making a mark, a stand.

Great. I probably wasted about five minutes of your time. To be honest, I was planning to say something else in this thread. But I didn't, so I had to change part of the beginning. :P Anyways...thank you for listening. And I'm enormously glad that I don't know you in real life. Oh, and everything I said was true, and I didn't change anything from what I originally typed.

~Emily Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment