Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sometimes, I feel as if I'm....

....alone. Completely alone. With no one to care for me. Maybe it's because I'm unable to tell my parents what I think.

It's weird, I can post almost about anything online, but I'm too scared to have this conversation:

"Hey, Dad, can I tell you something?"

"Hm. Go on, Emily."

"Well, you see, I'm having trouble in school."

"I noticed that, Emily."

"And I have sleeping problems."

"Because you read at night."

"I read at night because there's nothing else to do. Anyways, I also have a lack of appetite."

"Then eat."

"But--but--don't you think there's something wrong?"

"Emily, you're just not taking care of yourself. Don't worry, in one week everything will be okay."

You know what? My dad wouldn't even be listening by the end of the second sentence. If I told my mom this, she would over-react and bring me to the hospital.

But I always blend into the background. Sure, I'm tall and have thick midnight black hair. So, in some ways, I stand out. But I'm quiet, I hesitate, I'm nervous, it makes people overlook me.

Don't worry, everyone, I won't commit suicide. I just feel...insignificant.

Any advice? Please?

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes feel the same way..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, i am always too shy/afraid to talk to my parents. I guess it is growing up. *sighs*
    Oh, by the way... This is Fluffy!

    ReplyDelete